Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How effectively with garden and crafts

Do not assume that the customer knows what he's doing. In my experience, it often took a building inspector out all the mistakes that were made. He showed me the ways of my customers were cutting corners with inferior materials and methods of saving time. They were slapping things together so that everything seemed very surface, but beneath the surface was fragile, and once they have been paid, they hurried to their next job. If I nowdo more than just cosmetic work I have to be an inspector of building materials and processes at every step of the road.

One of the most expensive learning experience I had worried a number of keys. I gave my builder is the key to many of my property without my knowledge, he gave them one of its suppliers. I probably would never have known about it was not for an avalanche of phone calls from my tenant has informed me that they had stolen without violentEntry to their homes. As the only person the keys of the houses was my architect, I told him what had happened and asked him if he has the keys to anyone. I told them that the subcontractors hired to do the job. The result was that this sub makes copies of keys and waited several months to allow the work before being robbed in all my investment properties on my tenants did. The concept of waiting several months beforeavoid any hint of robbing the homes of suspected would have done well, it was not for the fact that his boss has entrusted the only one that had been given the key, and he was the only one with his boss had the keys. Later I discovered that these subcontractors criminal record that makes me question my use of the manufacturer, when she turned my keys had to make.

My architect has expressed his regret for what happened on his watch and said he fired the subcontractorand that he would never. I'll never know if he fired him, or really just to calm down, he said. Not surprisingly, took my builder is not responsible for the return of my tenants. If, after careful consideration, I realized that if I met the workers at home and opened the door for her, do not want the subcontractor purchased these homes. So I took full responsibility for the theft and report my tenant for their property losses.

Lessonlearned … the hard way, but he learned that if the work is complete, immediately change the locks, and if there is an alarm, change the access code when the last worker.

Plastering is an area that deserves a mention. To be a good painter, you need to, rather than an artist as a skilled worker, because it has more to do with responsibility for a wonderful job. One of my first investment property looked nice, but if something accidentally hard against the wall, asome small pieces falling from the wall, and you could hear the sound of loose cement in the wall. I did not think the builder I hired plaster had never done, nor knew what to look for them at that time. Instead of stripping the old plaster walls, has only touched the old plaster. When I told him that it looked too shallow, you have just painted over it to make it look attractive. A few months later, the walls began to crumble, and I had to rent a realPlasterer.

A rather nice properties on the market has come, and does not need a lot of work to make it complete, but one thing he needed was a new kitchen. The manufacturer measured everything, bought the materials, and when he had finished, I told him that the empty space under the counter where the washing machine should be between the two cabinets in the kitchen was as it seemed a bit 'small to accommodate a washing machine. He swore that it was exactly measured and told me that Ibecause there was nothing alarming. For this reason, I ordered a washing machine.

The day before the tenants moved, the machine was delivered and the delivery man did not enter the room. It 'was an inch too small. For example, the machine was when the delivery man had to leave in the middle of the kitchen, while I argued with the manufacturer by phone on his mistakes. He insisted that his measurements were correct, so I didgo all the way back home with him to resolve the problem.

When the owner arrived, he tried to install the washer between the two cabinets, and was always frustrated by the minute. He tried to tell me that he had to take the boxes and make it close, but I is not because he did not leave much room under the counter. With every minute that he was over more and more angry with the situation. Finally,in a fit of anger, gave a strong boost to the washing machine and forced her into the room. I just hope to repair the washing machine has never, because behind the blades in the cabinets, drilling into it, or bashing, I do not know how it could pull out a craftsman to repair the machine.

To summarize:

– If you did a great job, have a building inspector of the work every step of the way
– If the work is complete, change the locks, and when an alarmThe system is in place, change the code
– If you want to adjust renovations and expansions are considering a course and learn more about the building itself

No comments:

Post a Comment